The DSRU’s experienced staff and invited international speakers have a wealth of expertise gained over many years in drug safety, and each programme is carefully developed by experts. The content of the meetings is regularly revised to reflect developments and feedback from delegates. All courses and symposia have traditionally been awarded Continuing Professional Development points by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine.
Invited international speakers who participated in 2017/18 courses included:
- Kristina Strutt, Sanofi
- Glyn Belcher, PV Consultancy
- Shelley Gandhi, NDA Regulatory Science Ltd.
- Vicki Edwards, AbbVie
- David Lewis, Novartis Pharma AG
- Thomas Paternoster-Howe, EMA
- Joanne Webbe, Gilead Sciences Intl.
- Martin Menke, CSL Behring
- Jane Knight, MedDRA
- Jane Feron, AstraZeneca
- Jean Kilgour-Christie, Consultant
- Elspeth McIntosh, Castle Pharmacovigilance Ltd.
- Anne-Ruth van Troostenburg de Bruyn, Arvant Ltd.
- Tony Fox, Kings College London
- Heike Schoepper, Merck Serono
- Lesley Wise, Wise PV & Risk Management Ltd.
- Nicholas Rees, AbbVie
- Maria Diedrick, Roche Products Ltd.
- Beatriz Bustillo, Roche Products Ltd.
- Inspectors from the MHRA