Understanding observational studies in the time of COVID-19 webinar
Venue: Free online training
Date: 30th June 2020
Time: 1430 – 1600 UK time (0930-1100 EDT/ 1530-1700 CEST)
Duration: 1.5 hours
This live session will be recorded.
Pharmacoepidemiology is a key discipline for understanding the safety of medicines, which has made important contributions to our understanding of drug safety. It is also being increasingly recognised as a practical tool for supporting risk management and planning safety activities at the time medicines are authorised. Expertise in pharmacoepidemiology is now a must for any research-based pharmaceutical company.
This free webinar is aimed at introducing delegates to the basic concepts of pharmacoepidemiology, with some topical COVID-19 examples.
If this whets your appetite, why not book a place on our full Introduction to Pharmacoepidemiology course, which takes place in November?
*Please note that the course dates and programme may be subject to change.
|Our courses are recognised by PharmaTrain.|
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at:
- Pharmaceutical industry personnel from areas including pharmacovigilance, clinical research, medical affairs,medical writing, regulatory affairs and medical information
- Pharmaceutical physicians completing the Drug Safety Surveillance module of Pharmaceutical Medicine Specialty Training (PMST)
- Staff from regulatory authorities
- NHS, NHS R&D and other research organisations, doctors, nurses, medical information pharmacists, pharmaceutical advisors or other professions allied to medicine
Aims of course
- To provide delegates with an introduction to the core principles of epidemiology
- To explain the key methods used in pharmacoepidemiology
- To show how epidemiological techniques are applied to pharmacoepidemiological studies on COVID-19 drugs
On successful completion of this course delegates should be able to:
- Have a good understanding of the definition and scope of epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiology
- Explain the key methods used in pharmacoepidemiology
- Understand how pharmacoepidemiology is used to monitor the safety of new COVID-19 drugs and vaccines
- History and basic principles of epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiology
- Basic concepts of pharmacoepidemiological methods
- Use of pharmacoepidemiology to study the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 drugs and vaccines