GP Masterclass – Prescribing in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Venue: Royal College of General Practitioners, London
Date: 18 Sep 2019
Our new GP Masterclass – Prescribing in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding is an interactive educational day for GPs looking at aspects of prescribing during pregnancy and lactation. A panel of expert speakers will provide detailed guidance that is relevant to general practice to enable GPs to navigate the particular challenges of prescribing during these stages. There will be ample opportunities for discussion and professional interaction.
The DSRUs Masterclasses are carefully designed in consultation with GPs, to provide you with interactive training which can be applied directly to your everyday general practice.
*Please note that the course dates and programme may be subject to change.
Aims of course
- To provide detailed take-home knowledge on prescribing during pregnancy and breastfeeding that is intended to be directly applicable to your day-to-day practice
- Drug safety and pregnancy: setting the scene
- Pitfalls that GPs should avoid when prescribing during pregnancy (including dosing and drug interactions)
- Prescribing for pre-existing medical problems during pregnancy
- Perinatal mental health
- Prescribing during breastfeeding
- Guidance on prescribing valproate to women of childbearing potential: what GPs need to know
- Improve your knowledge of prescribing for pre-existing medical problems during pregnancy
- Clarify issues to consider when prescribing during breastfeeding
- Understand pitfalls that GPs should avoid when prescribing during pregnancy
- Establish the key considerations for perinatal mental health
- Understand what GPs need to know when prescribing valproate to women of childbearing potential
Cost Per Delegate:
£125 + VAT Fee for GP
(Excluding VAT, Total Including VAT £150)
£85 + VAT Fee for GP Registrar
(Excluding VAT, Total Including VAT £102)
Registration fee includes lunch, refreshments and electronic access to all course materials.