GP Masterclass in Old Age and Frailty
Venue: The Royal College of General Practitioners, London
Date: 03 Dec 2020*
The DSRUs Masterclasses are carefully designed in consultation with GPs, to provide you with interactive training which can be applied directly to your everyday practice.
This Masterclass, taking place at the Royal College of General Practitioners, is an educational day for all primary care prescribers, which will provide practical, in-depth coverage of many aspects of old age and frailty. There will be opportunities for discussion and professional interaction
Why choose DSRU for your prescribing training?
- Suitable for all prescribers in primary care
- Small delegate numbers mean you have the opportunity to ask questions and network with expert speakers
- Use this course as part of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Taught by GP and specialist colleagues, making the presentations relevant to every day practice
- No sponsorship from the pharmaceutical industry
- £150 (incl VAT) for a full day training including lunch, or £125 (incl VAT) for GP registrars.
Aims of course
This is a very practical training day intended to be directly applicable to practice, with interactive presentations from a panel of experts. The sessions include scenarios which primary care prescribers are likely to encounter frequently and potential sources of help in order to ensure that the knowledge gained can be fully and immediately used in the day-to-day work.
The Drug Safety Research Unit (DSRU) is an independent academic unit and registered medical charity, established in 1981. It aims to protect patients in primary and specialist care from unwanted adverse effects of newly marketed medicines using unique methods of monitoring patients during the lifecycle of medicines. DSRU conducts this research in primary care using data on possible side effects obtained from hundreds of GPs across England.
- Frailty: what can be done about it, how to measure it
- Dementia: the perils of screening and the problem with pills
- Prescribing for older patients
- End of Life Spotlight project
- Osteoporosis and falls
- Heart failure in older patients
- Geriatric oncology
- Gain a better understanding of what can be done about frailty and how to measure it
- Improve your knowledge of dementia: the perils of screening and the problem with pills
- Take away key messages for prescribing for older patients
- Learn about the End of Life Spotlight project
- Receive tips on prescribing for osteoporosis and falls
- Improve your understanding of heart failure in older patients
- Discuss why geriatric oncology is important and the challenges of managing older people with cancer
Cost Per Delegate:
£125 + VAT Fee for GPs and other primary care prescribers
(Excluding VAT, Total Including VAT £150)
£85 + VAT Fee for GP Registrars
(Excluding VAT, Total Including VAT £102)
Registration fee includes lunch, refreshments and electronic access to all course materials.
Download Course Programme
Click here to download the programme
“Good mix of topics.”
“Very interactive, to the point topics, easy to understand.”
“Good and informative course. Good presentations by the presenters.”
“It was my delight attending this meeting. Would strongly recommend this for all my colleagues. It was perfectly organised, nice venue and great speakers. Thank you to all the staff who helped organize.”