GP Masterclass – Effective Prescribing
Venue: Royal College of General Practitioners, London
Date: 02 Dec 2020
Our GP Masterclass – Effective Prescribing is an educational day for GPs and other primary care prescribers, looking at various aspects of effective prescribing. This December, the Masterclass is held at the Royal College of General Practitioners, London for a chance to think more about your prescribing decisions and to hear from the experts. There will be opportunities for discussion and professional interaction.
Why choose DSRU for your prescribing training?
- Suitable for all prescribers in primary care
- Small delegate numbers mean you have the opportunity to ask questions and network with expert speakers
- Use this course as part of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Taught by GP and specialist colleagues, making the presentations relevant to every day practice
- No sponsorship from the pharmaceutical industry
- £150 (incl VAT) for a full day training including lunch, or £125 (incl VAT) for GP registrars.
Aims of course
This is a very practical training day intended to be directly applicable to practice. The sessions include scenarios which GPs, and other primary care prescribers, are likely to encounter frequently and potential sources of help in order to ensure that the knowledge gained can be fully and immediately used in the day-to-day work.
- Acute Kidney Injury: Recognition and Prevention in Primary Care
- Prescribing for children
- Management of chronic pain
- Appropriate prescribing in the elderly
- Effective prescribing for diabetes: an overview
- Effective prescribing for depression and anxiety
- Safe prescribing of DOACs
- The relevance of clinical research to practising GPs
*Please note that the course dates and programme may be subject to change.
- Improve your knowledge of prescribing for depression and anxiety
- Clarify points to consider when prescribing for diabetes
- Understand key issues when prescribing in the elderly
- Learn about recognition and prevention of Acute Kidney Injury in primary care
- Understand key issues when prescribing for children
- Receive tips on management of chronic pain
- Take away key messages relating to safe prescribing of DOACs
- Understand the relevance of clinical research to practising GPs
Cost Per Delegate:
£125 + VAT Fee for GPs and other primary care prescribers
(Excluding VAT, Total Including VAT £150)
£85 + VAT Fee for GP Registrars
(Excluding VAT, Total Including VAT £102)
Registration fee includes lunch, refreshments and electronic access to all course materials.
Programme coming soon
“Really relevant, presentations very informative, presenters knowledgeable.”
“Lots of topics covered and plenty of helpful information”
“Incredibly useful day. Fantastic range of topics and great speakers who really tailored their talks to GPs.”
“One of the best courses I have attended this year. Excellent management and competent speakers – well done!”
“I’ve really enjoyed today. Best course I’ve been to in a long time!”
“Helpful practical tips to think about when seeing patients”
“Clear, current advice I can refer to in future”