Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD)
The DSRU has a licence to access to CPRD, the NHS observational data service, based in the UK. Our epidemiologists have experience of working with CPRD data and will be pleased to discuss a potential CPRD study with no commitment – contact us.
CPRD provides unique opportunities for researchers to harness the power of large multi-linked observational datasets, while protecting patient confidentiality:
- all data are anonymised
- CPRD collects fully-coded patient electronic health records from GP practices across the UK
- over 5 million currently registered and active patients
- representative of the UK population with respect to age, gender and ethnicity
- linkage to secondary care and registry data available
The DSRU team uses CPRD data in a variety of study designs, to investigate various research questions in pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology, including:
- Studies to fulfill post-authorisation regulatory requirements (PASS studies)
- Pre-authorisation applications
- Drug utilisation studies
- Safety studies investigating exposures and outcomes of interest over time
The DSRU is in good company: CPRD data are used worldwide by regulators, academic researchers and the life science industry for observational and interventional public health studies. Over 1,800 studies have been published to date.
Further information about CPRD is available here.
Please contact us for an informal discussion.