Education & Training
The DSRU has worked with the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine (FPM) for many years to deliver training in Pharmacovigilance, Risk Management and Benefit-Risk Evaluation for Pharmaceutical Medicine Speciality Training (PMST).
We offer 3 courses accredited by the FPM:
- Back to Basics in Pharmacovigilance
- Introduction to Pharmacoepidemiology
- Risk Benefit Assessment in Pharmacovigilance
Each two day course delivers theory and experiential learning, with expert speakers.
Specialty Capabilities in Practice
Pharmacovigilance, risk management, benefit-risk evaluation
Our FPM accredited courses remain suited to providing training for the 2021 curriculum for PMST, especially to support the following Specialty Capabilities in Practice:
- CiP 6: Engages in pharmacovigilance and risk-management systems to ensure patient safety and risk-minimisation
- CiP 7: Provides up to date evaluations of the benefits and risks of medical products
The DSRU also provides many other short courses and conferences, as well as a postgraduate programme leading to PgC, PgD and MSc in Pharmacovigilance.