It is with great sadness that the Unit has learned of the death of one of our Trustees and good friend, Dr Richard Tiner.
Dr Tiner qualified from The Middlesex Hospital Medical School in 1974. He trained in General Practice in Taunton, Somerset and worked as a GP Principal in Taunton from 1980 – 1996. He was the Medical Director of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) 1996-2009 and served on a number of influential committees and boards including: the UK Clinical Research Collaboration Board, the National Cancer Research Institute Board and the Medical Advisory Board of the General Practice Research Database (GPRD).
As our Trustee, Dr Tiner showed complete commitment to the work of the Unit, sharing his expertise and judgement on a broad spectrum of issues. Everyone who had the privilege of working with him experienced his warm, genuine and positive approach.
Dr Tiner will be remembered fondly and missed greatly by the Trustees, Director and staff of the Unit and our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.
- Obituary: Dr Richard Tiner MBBS DRCOG PFPM
- What will the role of UK Pharmacovigilance be after the UK leaves the EU?
- DSRU are pleased to announce a new two day course on Medication Errors
- Quantitative measurement of the impact of Pharmacovigilance decisions
- Designing studies for risk management plans that are acceptable to European regulators