The Drug Safety Research Unit (DSRU) offers a range of Pharmacovigilance (PV) training courses suitable for those looking for a career in pharmacovigilance, seeking career progression or in a position that requires PV knowledge and understanding. Depending on specific interests and current knowledge, the team at the DSRU is able to recommend which of our training courses could help to achieve your goals.
Our Back to Basics in Pharmacovigilance course is a great starting point and provides a broad overview of all the elements of PV, why we do PV, how is it regulated and how it is developing. More information on this particular course can be found on our website, here.
One success story is Bina Patel who qualified from the University of Portsmouth as a Pharmacist in 2008 and started her career with Lloyds Pharmacy based in London. Bina began to seek out opportunities for expanding her career outside pharmacy and after having carried out some research, decided to attend four courses with the DSRU to kick start her career in pharmacovigilance:
- Back to Basics in Pharmacovigilance
- Pharmacovigilance Planning and Risk Management
- Assessment and Medical Evaluation of Individual Case Safety Reports
- Reviewing and Understanding Clinical Papers
Bina found that the expert speakers and networking opportunities gave her a real insight into pharmacovigilance. The knowledge she gained from the training was invaluable in preparing Bina for interviews, which she hadn’t needed to have until then. She found that the course workshops were particularly helpful for practical experience. Bina now works as a Pharmacovigilance Officer at Alcon, a Novartis company. Bina’s full testimonial is available here.
The DSRU is internationally respected for its work in Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacoepidemiology, Risk Management and Training Services for over 30 years. If you are considering attending one of our courses and would like to know how the DSRU can help, just contact us.
- Big Data for Pharmacovigilance – programme now available!
- Measuring the impact of pharmacovigilance activities: drug withdrawals since 2012 PV legislation
- Hear about the revisions to GVP Module V with the DSRU’s training day
- New for 2018! The first conference on Big Data for Pharmacovigilance
- DSRU Consultancy launched!