Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Masters in Pharmacovigilance
Enhance your pharmacovigilance career
Flexible postgraduate training qualifications
There is a growing need for qualified professionals within pharmacovigilance, at regulatory authorities and in academia – yet competition for the best roles is highly competitive and challenging. Make yourself a prime candidate for the role you aspire to by studying with DSRU.
In association with the University of Portsmouth, we’ve developed accredited postgraduate awards in pharmacovigilance. Learn from one of Europe’s leading pharmacovigilance training providers with an established reputation for academic excellence, to gain an industry recognised qualification in a flexible way that fits around your work and lifestyle.
Key features of our flexible study programme
- Choose from three accredited postgraduate awards in pharmacovigilance:
- PgC – Three compulsory units with a further unit chosen from nine optional units (60 credits)
- PgD – Three compulsory units plus five from nine optional units (120 credits)
- MSc – Completion of the PgD plus MSc research project (180 credits)
- Compulsory units:
- Optional units can be selected from our list of short courses (excluding Conferences and Masterclasses). (15 credits each)
- Studying while you work? For minimal time away from workplace, choose between ‘Fast-track‘ registration (4 units in 12 months, 60 credits) or ‘Standard‘ registration (2 units in 12 months, 30 credits)
- Short, in-person, taught courses are supplemented with pre and post-course assignments which can be completed and submitted remotely (access to virtual learning environment)
- Either a first or second class honours degree in the biosciences, veterinary science, dentistry, pharmacy or medicine
- Or a degree equivalent to the above in another subject and a portfolio demonstrating suitability for study on this course
- Proficiency in English, as demonstrated by an approved test e.g. IELTS score 7.0, if English is not your first language.
Delegates who have attended a relevant DSRU course in the last two years may count that course towards the PgC or PgD, by completing the necessary coursework. Prior learning, certified or experiential, can also count as credits towards the PgD and MSc awards.
- The individual unit fee is £1090 + VAT. A 15% discount on unit fees* is applied when four units are invoiced together for fast-track registration, or two units are invoiced together for standard route registration (see below).
For an informal discussion about applying for the course, requesting a registration form or just for more information please contact Fiona Snelling, Education & Training Manager, Fiona.Snelling@dsru.org, or telephone 023 8040 8621.
All courses are accredited by PharmaTrain, meeting their high standards of postgraduate education in medicine development.
Recognised provider of Postgraduate Qualifications by PIPA, Pharmaceutical Information & Pharmacovigilance Association
- Course Calendar All Courses
- Course Calendar Conferences
- Course Calendar Courses
- Course Calendar: Courses for GPs
- Short Courses
- Course Calendar
- International Conferences
- PgC, PgD and MSc in Pharmacovigilance
- Training for Pharmaceutical Physicians
- DSRU Education Testimonials